Tuesday 23 June 2015

Unmade by the Yoga Day!

Oh what has a Yoga day done to me? It has oozed out from me the secularism and imbibed in me a pride unmatched – a pride for our culture, our traditions and our ancestral wisdoms.

Partly because of the fear that I’d be thrown out of my country without a proper Visa for not practising Yoga, I had to attend a celebration of the first Yoga Day ever. As stances after stances, hundreds of students left sighs of reliefs, the curriculum of Yoga ended in fun. The Bollywood celebs who tried inspiring us with their speeches, only served as eye-candies for the reporters’ cameras to ogle.

The inspiration that we received led us directly to the nearest outlet of McDonald’s where we had a bite of the ‘satvik’ Chicken. As it is said, a lot can happen over a piece of burger; a conversation erupted between me and a friend who was sensible enough. Did she point it out? I don’t know but in my mind I had concluded that Fascism excels all other politics due to these three reasons:

One:
Performing your duty is always easy as no thinking is required whatsoever. The wisdom you have is unassailable as the ancestors already have everything thought out for you.

Two:
In a fascist world even the present is perfect as it has always been so and the only progress is but maintaining it so.

Three:
And lastly fascism is always right, for the tempting ideologies of the Left is as corrupting as power.

So folks, for what are you waiting? Democratic secularism is an evil that we don’t need. Let’s all get fascist and make this world as better as it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment